The present

  • Harriet Kirkley
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 11, 2003
      Dear Venerable Sayadaws,

      Please offer some guidance for a practictioner who finds the public
      climate at this time very difficult. I practise daily metta, but still
      have difficulty with all the war talk and the Iraqi people who will
      suffer enormously if (when) this war comes to pass. It makes the
      spiritual life very difficult.

      thank you,

      harry
    • Bhikkhu Bodhidhamma
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 14, 2003
        Harriet
        Perhaps you will find this essay I wrote I some use.
        Metta
        Onward!
        Bodhidhamma
        Website : www.satipanya.org.uk
        Please use as email address bodhidhamma@...
        My address : Gaia House West Ogwell Newton Abbot Devon TQ12 6EN
        To contact by phone please leave a message on Tel: 01626 333613

        N.B. Early Warning!!!
        I shall be on personal retreat throughout March/April 2003
        I won't be accessing my emails.

        > Please offer some guidance for a practictioner who finds the public
        > climate at this time very difficult. I practise daily metta, but still
        > have difficulty with all the war talk and the Iraqi people who will
        > suffer enormously if (when) this war comes to pass. It makes the
        > spiritual life very difficult.
        >
        > thank you,
        >
        > harry

      • Harriet Kirkley
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 17, 2003
          Venerable Sir

          Thank you for the essay, which I look forward to reading. I don't know how you have meant the use
          of "jihad", but the concept of it as an internal struggle, more common than the external meaning
          which seems to dominate use of it at present, is a very suggestive line of thinking.

          Thank you,
          harriet (Forget the male alias!)