Fwd: Please Save Lumbini - the Buddha's birthplace

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 8, 2013

    ---------- Forwarded message ----------
    From: Khammai Dhammasami <oxford.k.dhammasami@...>
    Date: 8 January 2013 15:56
    Subject: Please Save Lumbini - the Buddha's birthplace
    To: IABU Executive Secretary Dhammasami <executive.secretary@...>
    Cc: friends2012lumbini <friends2012lumbini@...>

    Dear All Dharma Friends (bcc here),

    I wish to appeal to you personally to visit this very important website that is making attempts, against all the odds, to raise awareness about the danger facing Buddha's birthplace: Lumbini.

    Kindly circulate this email as widely as possible and to as many as you can; asking everyone to sign the petition, the very least action we can all do.

    Put this link on your FaceBook as well.

    I take this opportunity to also attach a joint statement from a recent conference on Buddhist cultural heritage. jointly organized by ICCR and Sitagu, for your information. A few countries attended and talked about the importance of preserving, both tangible and intangible, Buddhist cultural heritage.

    With metta and in the dharma,
    Ven. Khammai Dhammasami
    Venerable Dr. Khammai Dhammasami, DPhil (Oxford)
    Executive Secretary, International Association of Buddhist Universities (www.iabu.org);
    Executive Secretary, Association of Theravada Buddhist Universities (www.atbu.org);
    Trustee & Fellow, Oxford Centre for Buddhist Studies, University of Oxford;
    Buddhist Chaplain to University of Oxford;
    Professor, ITBMU, Yangon;
    Abbot, the Oxford Buddha Vihara, UK, Singapore & Malaysia