Lokuttara cittas, jhana & somanassa

  • jrg493
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 5, 2012
      Dear Venerable monks,

      If I understand it correctly, lokuttara cittas may or may not be accompanied by jhana. And if a lokuttara citta is accompanied by jhana that it is also accompanied by the other factors of jhana, which means that a lokuttara citta --- in this case --- may be accompanied by somanassa or upekkha, respectively.

      However, if a lokuttara citta is not accompanied by jhana, does the possibility still exist that it may arise with somanassa or upekkha?

      Thankyou