Re: [SanghaOnline] Re: Anger / loving kindness

  • Dr Khammai Dhammasami
    Message 1 of 8 , May 1, 2012
      No problem. Just adopt a comfortable posture.
      With metta
      Ven Dhammasami

      On 1 May 2012, at 22:56, "cammack51" <cammack@...> wrote:

      Dear Venerable Dhammasami

      I have been reading your book - I have to go over parts of it several times to be sure I understand it - But there are many things I am still not sure of. For instance:

      Most of my life I have suffered from arthritis and now, in my seventies I have quite a lot of arthrosis in my hips and the joints of my legs. For this reason I find it quite impossible to adopt anything resembling the usual sitting meditation position. In my morning meditation, which I do every day as soon as I wake - OK, I do miss sometimes! - I usually sit on a chair in the dark of my bedroom.
      This way I have very pain, usually no more than an itchy face or a twitch in a leg.

      Is it all right to use this sitting position?

      With loving kindness

      Yours

      Robert

      --- In SanghaOnline@yahoogroups.com, Khammai Dhammasami <oxford.k.dhammasami@...> wrote:

      > Dear Robert,
      >
      > Please refer to my book "Mindfulness Meditation Made Easy" which has a
      > chapter
      > on metta. You can google it. I paste it below also.
      >
      > With metta
      > Ven. Dhammasami

    • cammack51
      Message 2 of 8 , May 8, 2012
        Dear Venerable Dhammasami

        I have now finished your book "Mindfulness Mewditation" and have found it very helpful.

        I am continuing with my morning meditations. I don't normally have any bad emotional feelings while meditating - usually just thoughts which come to me regarding what I shall have to do during the day or images of things I saw on the TV the day before. During the day if I feel myself becoming angry I repeat several times to myself ."Agressive thoughts Agressive thoughts" I find that this helps a lot.

        I was somewhat surprised by your remarks on the last page about Buddhists going to the Temple some days and not practicing the rest of the time. I hope that I will not fall into this error.

        Thankyou for your help

        With loving kindness

        Message 3 of 8 , May 10, 2012
          Please continue with the practice. To take it to another level, join a weekend or short retreat from time to time. You will have more time to look deeper into the minds.

          with metta
          Ven. Dhammasami

          --
          Venerable Dr. Khammai Dhammasami, DPhil (Oxford)
          Executive Secretary, International Association of Buddhist Universities (www.iabu.org);