Re: [SanghaOnline] Happy New 2011

  • han tun
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2011

      Venerable Bhante Nagasena,

      Your New Year Resolution is very good, sir.

      I am also experiencing first-hand the effect of time on the vulnerability of my body.

      Out of the five facts Lord Buddha asks us to always reflect on, I am already experiencing the stark reality of the effects of jaraa and byaadhi.

      "I am subject to aging, have not gone beyond aging."

      "Jaraadhammomhi, jara.m anatiito"

      "I am subject to illness, have not gone beyond illness."

      "Byaadhidhammomhi, byaadhi.m anatiito"

      With this in mind, sir, I will follow your exhortation to develop my wisdom that leads to the understanding of my life affected by times, to live in right path, and to be helpful to all beings in 2011 and beyond.

      Respectfully,

      Dr Han Tun