metta meditation

  • charith5000
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2010
      I've been practicing metta for three years. this is my matter, please read it all and help me!
      started to cultivate metta for a special person, when I started it I did not even know it's possible do metta meditation targeting a single person. a year Later I knew it's possible. I everyday do metta for that person, also myself and all living beings.
      All I want to know is, when i practice metta focusing on a person, does it make any positive effects on that person? I need that person to be healthy, free from suffer,happy....
      Please explain me this! I have heard it can make a positive effects, and I want to be sure f it. Please any one help me!

      May triple gem bless you!
      Charith
    • Sayadaw Nandasiddhi
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 2, 2010
        Yes, you want to be sure of it, keep on doing. It is very sure. You will be clear yourself near future. OK Try your best. Thank.

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 2, 2010
          please see also "mindfulenss meditation Made Easy" online (nibana.com). tehre is a bit of metta teaching there.

          --
          Venerable Dr. Khammai Dhammasami, DPhil (Oxford)
          Executive Secretary, International Association of Buddhist Universities (www.iabu.org);