Sabbacitta-saadhaara.na cetasikas

  • han tun
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 31 9:48 PM
      Venerable Bhantes,

      In Abhidhamma, under cetasikas, it is stated that Sabbacitta-saadhaara.na cetasikas (Essential or Primary Ones) which consist of phassa, vedanaa, sa~n~naa, cetanaa, ekaggataa, jiivitindriya, and manasikaara, associate collectively with all cittas.

      My question, sir, is do these seven cetasikas also associate with bhavanga-citta?

      I would also be grateful if you would kindly let me know the difference between citta and vi~n~naa.na.

      Respectfully,
      Dr Han Tun
    • Ashin Acara
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 2, 2009
        Dear Dr Han Tun,
        - The seven cetasikas associate with all cittas including bhavanga citta.
        - Citta and vinnana are synonyms to one another.
        With Metta,
        Acara

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 2, 2009

          Venerable Ashin Acara,

          Thank you very much, sir, for your kind response to my question.

          Respectfully,