Re: [SanghaOnline] sending Metta

  • pantu ladakhi
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 17 1:02 PM

       Dear Dharma master and friends
           I have been learning Buddha Dharma from different master, teacher and friends. Recently I notice that many things going on about meditation. Its wonderful and I am very ignore about meditation. Some people said meditation is the method of calm mind, some said meditation is way of practice, some said meditation is way of looking at phenomena. I am little bit confuse. I know some way of practice meditation but I don't know the meaning of meditation. So Please would you explain what is the meaning of meditation?
          thanks you
          with metta
            Viriya

      From: charith5000 <charith5000@ yahoo.com>
      Subject: [SanghaOnline] sending Metta
      To: SanghaOnline@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Wednesday, July 8, 2009, 6:37 AM

      Hi,
      I have been doing metta meditation for about three years. I really want to know, can I make someone well, free from suffering and healthy at least some far by sending metta to that person? Can I make any kind of positive effects on that person?
      Secondly, when a person cultivate metta towards a particular person or a group can those metta receivers feel it. Please explain these questions!

      metta,
      Charith

      Looking for local information? Find it on Yahoo! Local