sending Metta

  • charith5000
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 8 6:37 AM
      Hi,
      I have been doing metta meditation for about three years. I really want to know, can I make someone well, free from suffering and healthy at least some far by sending metta to that person? Can I make any kind of positive effects on that person?
      Secondly, when a person cultivate metta towards a particular person or a group can those metta receivers feel it. Please explain these questions!

      metta,
      Charith
    • Sayadaw Nandasiddhi
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 8 7:40 PM
        Dear Charit,
        It is very sure that real metta has effect to others. There are three kinds of metta : KAYAKAMMA METTA , loving kindness by body action deeds, VACIKAMMA METTA, Loving kindness by verbal action deeds, and MANO KAMMA METTA, Loving kindness by radiating wishing with mental action deeds. If one really done that is really get the benefits yourself and others as wel. The power is depending on your confidence , mindfulness, concentration, effort and wisdom. Please try hard patiently the benefits will come soon. SURE.
        THANK.
        MAY YOU ALL BE WELL AND HAPPY ALWAYS.
        nandasiddhi.

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 10 7:24 PM
          Dear Charit,
          . . . . .
          Moreover IT may be classified into two groups: ODISSA-METTA and ANODISSA-METTA. DEFINITE and INDEFINITE. The FIRST is transmited to the definite people and the SECOND is to the indefinite. And the BOTH may be KAYAKAMMA, VACIKAMMA and MANO KAMMA (mentioned below in nandasiddhi's answer). Finally, you may try to see how your METTA gives answers to your questions!
          With Metta,
          Acara

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 17 1:02 PM

             Dear Dharma master and friends
                 I have been learning Buddha Dharma from different master, teacher and friends. Recently I notice that many things going on about meditation. Its wonderful and I am very ignore about meditation. Some people said meditation is the method of calm mind, some said meditation is way of practice, some said meditation is way of looking at phenomena. I am little bit confuse. I know some way of practice meditation but I don't know the meaning of meditation. So Please would you explain what is the meaning of meditation?
                thanks you
                with metta
                  Viriya

            I have been doing metta meditation for about three years. I really want to know, can I make someone well, free from suffering and healthy at least some far by sending metta to that person? Can I make any kind of positive effects on that person?
            Secondly, when a person cultivate metta towards a particular person or a group can those metta receivers feel it. Please explain these questions!

            metta,
            Charith

            Looking for local information? Find it on Yahoo! Local