To Venerable Dipankaro Chakma

  • .
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2009
      Dear Venerable,

      Peace.

      Thank you for your response regarding training in Thailand.

      My aunt is willing to send me there but other members of the family are worried about travel ban and security.  I have also seen on the internet that ordination is illegal and most novices are treated as housemaids.

      On the other hand, I still believe that training in Thailand is very organized and many reputable acariyas are available.  I am torn between Mahasi and Acariya Mun's methods.  If I stay short term, I may not be able to study enough and decide.  If I stay longer, what may I do - apply for working, immigration visa or what could you suggest?

      Thank you,

      Elena