Re: [SanghaOnline] Re: Please advise

  • Dipankar Chakma
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 20 5:21 AM
      Dear Dhamma-seeker,
      I am responding this mail to you not as a Thai but as a Buddhist monk student, resident of Thailand about meditation in Thailand.
      So far, I come to know there are some places where you could practice meditation under the Mahasi Saydaw method. The branches of Chanmye Sayadaw of Mahasi tradition are also available. About Panditarama I am not sure, no clear information to me. I am not really sure about the instruction method whether it is in Thai or English. If your really interested in then I'll try to find some information for your spiritual progress.
      The Thai meditation method other than Mahasi Sayadaw method is not so familiar to me.
      So, if your plan is like to practice in Thailand please let us know in Yahoo groups, so that some dhamma friends could extend their hands.
      With metta,
      Dipankaro

      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 2, 2009
        You can find many of Mahasi Sayadaw's books on my website.

        http://www.aimwell.org/Books/Mahasi/mahasi.html

        Download the PDF files for printing hard copies.

        Starting a Mahasi meditation centre in the Philippines would be good. There doesn't seem to be a single Theravāda Buddhist centre in the Philippines.

        With metta

        Bhikkhu Pesala