Fwd: [SanghaOnline] Need help for a translation in Pali

  • Ven. Acara
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 13, 2008
      Difficulty with FONT.

      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: Ven. Acara <ven.acara@...>
      Date: 2008/8/14
      Subject: Re: [SanghaOnline] Need help for a translation in Pali
      To: g_rebiere@...

      Dear Dhamma Friend,
      Find a suitable to read my translation.
      My translation should be comfirmed by Pali Scholar(s) (if it is possible), if your related research work is so serious. Pali is not my best language!
      Yours in the dhamma,
      Acara
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

      TRANSLATIONS:

      - For a great accumulation of merits, meditate in a sacred place.
      - Search for the jewel (with great powers) in the temple of gods.

      Romanized PÈÐi Translation:

      - MahāpuÌÌassaÌjanatthÈya kammaÍÍhÈnaÑ bhÈvetabbaÑ seÍÍhaÍÍhÈne.

      - RatanÈni gavesitabbÈni (mahÈthÈmena) cetiye.

      Or (including your particular words)

      - JayapuÌÌassaÌjanatthÈya paÌcakkhandhe kammaÍÍhÈnaÑ bhÈvetabbaÑ seÍÍhaÍÍhÈne.

      - RatanakkhandhÈni gavesitabbÈni (mahÈthÈmena) devÈnaÑ cetiye.

      In Burmese-Pali writing systems:

      - r[myknóÚÆew¬m, ur®|meH bma0wAÁH ao||mae/

      - &wemed *a0odwAÁmed (r[mxmare) apwda,/

      ------------------

      Or (including your particular words)

      - Z,yknóÚÆew¬m, yÚöu©aE¨ ur®|meH bma0wAÁH ao||mae/

      - &weu©E¨med *a0odwAÁmed (r[mxmare) a'0geH apwda,/

      Or (in Zawgyi Mayanmar Font)
      မဟာပုညႆဥၨနတၳာယ ကမၼ႒ာနံ ဘာေ၀တဗၺံ ေသ႒႒ာေန။
      ရတနာနိ ဂေ၀သိတဗၺာနိ (မဟာထာေမန) ေစတိေယ။
      --------------------
      - ဇယပုညႆဥၨနတၳာယ ပဥၥကၡေႏၶ ကမၼ႒ာနံ ဘာေ၀တဗၺံ ေသ႒႒ာေန။
      - ရတနကၡႏၶာနိ ဂေ၀သိတဗၺာနိ (မဟာထာေမန) ေဒ၀ါနံ ေစတိေယ။
      --------------------

      2008/8/12 REBIERE <g_rebiere@...>

      Dear Venerable Monks,

      I am currently doing some research for a book. I would like someone to
      help me translate the following English sentences in Pali, using the
      roman (phonetic) but also Burmese-Pali writing systems:

      - For a great accumulation of merits, meditate in a sacred place.
      - Search for the jewel (with great powers) in the temple of gods.

      If it were possible, I would like to use the following words in both
      sentences: Devas, Jhayati, Khandha.

      I thank you in advance for your help. Please do not hesitate to contact
      me for any further information. Any information or contact you could
      provide me with would be of great help. Thank you in advance.