Re: [SanghaOnline] Re: Things are conditioned though they are not kammic effects

  • Ven. Acara
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 31 1:41 AM
      Dear Mr Han,
      Yes. I remembered your curiosity. I'll try to give answer.
      Thank you.
      Yours in the Dhamma,
      Ashin Acara

      2008/7/31 han tun <hantun1@...>

      Venerable Ashin Acara,

      > Ashin Acara: This may not be an exact answer to your question. But this is related to your subject matter. Here are to be pondered.

      1) Abyaakataa dhammas are kammically neutral and do not produce kammic effects.
      2) Abyaakata-dhamma may be conditioned by another abyaakata-dhamma.
      3) Abyaakata-dhamma is not a kammic effect produced by another abyaakata-dhamma.
      4) Many things in the world are conditioned by certain cause(s), but not kammic effect(s).
      5) Said in Texts: "Just as appearance of moonlight is conditioned by disappearance of sunlight. . . . . ." [An example of patthana conditioning. ] Moonlight appears or conditioned. It's not a kammic effect. Similarly abyaakata-dhamma may be conditioned though it is not kammically produced. As said above, many things in the world are conditioned; and not kammic effect(s).

      Han: Thank you very much, sir. As we have discussed off-line, I humbly accept your explanation that not all casual relations in Pathaana are conditioned by kamma. As you said, many things in the world are conditioned by certain cause(s), but not kammic effect(s).

      Respectfully,
      Han Tun