Re: [SanghaOnline] Re: Urgent Help Needed!!!

  • Ven. Acara
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 3, 2008
      Dear All,
      Yes.
      Even if the story is TRUE, he may not get the money he needs in
      urgent, by this kind of request.
      It\'s better to find a better way for this, EVEN IF it\'s happened to
      him as he mentioned.
      Good to ALL!!
      Yours in the Dhamma,
      A Member.

      On 03/01/2008, mmlwin <mmlwin@...> wrote:

      Dear Friends,

      This message from one member of the Sangha Panel looks suspicious as

      it came from Nigeria and is about money.

      Please do not reply unless you know him personally and are able to

      contact him by phone. If this story is true, his brief case has been

      lost and someone get his passwords to impersonate and unlawfully

      acquire money from his friends. I have sent an email to him to

      clarify on his situation.

      The Organiser

      --- In SanghaOnline@yahoogroups.com, Sayadaw Nanda Siddhi >

      <nanda_siddhi@...> wrote:

      > Hello,
      >
      > How are you today? very well I believe, am sure you know that I

      have to jet out of town, on a missionary trip to Africa,Nigeria to

      be precise,since then it has been a very sad and bad moment for me,

      the present condition that I found myself is very hard for me to

      explain, can you believe that I forgot my brief case in the taxi, at

      my arrival at the hotel I intend to lounge in, to spend the night.

      Dam the taxi driver made away with my brief case, I cant believe it,

      I had all my money, and important documents in that brief case, well

      I didn\'t waste time to report the matter to the Nigerian police, to

      help me look for the taxi driver, and get back my brief case for me,

      and they have assured me, of doing their best to recover my brief

      case for me.

      > My main worry now is that I don\'t know how long it will take the

      authorities to apprehend the taxi driver, cos I am cash strapped

      that is why I am writing you to know that I need cash from you, at

      least a sum of $1700, so that I can purchase my return ticket back

      home rather than waiting for a fruitless chase of the taxi driver by

      the police, I will pay you back when I get back okay, I believe I

      count on you for this huge favor, and i need it urgently too, you

      can visit any western union outlet around you, may be gross store or

      shopping mall to my name

      > Name: Sayadaw Nanda Siddhi
      >
      > Address: 55 Walter Carrington str.(this is the address of hotel

      where i am currently lodged)

      > City: Victoria Island
      >
      > State: Lagos
      >
      > Country: Nigeria.
      >
      > And forward me the Transfer Receipt containing the Mitch # and

      test question and answer.

      > Get back to me soon,
      >

      > With Regards,
      >
      > Sayadaw Nanda Siddhi

      > Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today it\'s

      FREE!

      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 3, 2008
        Dear all of Dhamma friends,
        The message at below is not written by me. I am very well at NIRODHARAMA MEDITATION CENTRE in perak Malaysia. It may some one get my password and wants to bluff all of my friends. I never travel without invitation for Dhamma teaching, I have never carried any cent of money when I am traveling , all arrangement are done by devotees. For me no need to hold any money in my life. That 's why. The bluffer may not know my lifestyle,so he wrote that letter.
        Please be mindful, careful everythings.
        Thank you very much for info.May you be well happy and peaceful always.
        nandasiddhi, ( Panditarama )

        Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 19:43:40 +0900From: samlim05@...: nanda_siddhi@...: Re: Urgent Help Needed!!!