RE: [SanghaOnline] Mahasi's meditation

    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 17, 2007
      Hi ,
      The best advice ,
      You should go intensive retreat under the experienced meditation teacher continuously about 2 months and take experience knowledge in yourself instead of thinking too much. Experience knowledge couldn't get by thinking, without strong mindfulness and concentration. Please don't waste the time going alone yourself. The more you go the more you may confuse onward. With teacher you can clear your way and doubt, also easy to explain to you face to face.May you able to get clear comprehension in the Dhamma.
      With metta.
      nandasiddhi.

      To: SanghaOnline@yahoogroups.comFrom: albtios@...: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 09:24:31 -0800Subject: Re: [SanghaOnline] Mahasi's meditation

      Dear Venerable monks,As soon as I have had advised, I have tried to balance both sitting meditation and walking meditation.But I still got that SLEEPY during my meditation.I tried let my SLEEPY exist without any effort to stop it, but now after feeling sleepy about 15 minutes, I felt I was deeply in in and out breathe, and that feeling was more dominant than my notting to breathe.Please advise.Best regards,Albert Tios----- Original Message ----From: Ven. Acara <ven.acara@...>To: SanghaOnline@yahoogroups.comSent: Sunday, November 11, 2007 6:24:23 PMSubject: Re: [SanghaOnline] Mahasi's meditationDear Friend,They have to do everything slowly so that they can catch everythingprecisely.Many people, especially monks, particularly scholar monks in Myanmar agreethis point. We don't know how that would be in Thailand. They must havereason for their choice. Yes we can do everything normally. The mostimportant thing is to see things precisely while they are being observed.Yours in the Dhamma,AcaraOn 08/11/2007, KOGO ... <pkscene@yahoo. com> wrote:>> Why mahasi meditation have to do everything slowly?> Many people (monks) do not agree this point, espeacially many people in> Thailand.> Could we do everything normally?>> with Metta,> Pakin>> ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __> Do You Yahoo!?> Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around> http://mail. yahoo.com>> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]>> >[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]__________________________________________________Do You Yahoo!?Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around http://mail.yahoo.com [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

    • Albert Tios
      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 17, 2007
        Dear Venerable monks,

        Thanks for advices, but as I am layman and working with company that I am not as free as owner, it is not easy to get vocation in my position, I really hope to have advices via internet.

        By the way, who or where do you suggest me to go in Indonesia ?

        Best regards,
        Albert Tios

        You should go intensive retreat under the experienced meditation teacher continuously about 2 months and take experience knowledge in yourself instead of thinking too much. Experience knowledge couldn't get by thinking, without strong mindfulness and concentration. Please don't waste the time going alone yourself. The more you go the more you may confuse onward. With teacher you can clear your way and doubt, also easy to explain to you face to face.May you able to get clear comprehension in the Dhamma.
        With metta.
        nandasiddhi.

        To: SanghaOnline@ yahoogroups. comFrom: albtios@yahoo. comDate: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 09:24:31 -0800Subject: Re: [SanghaOnline] Mahasi's meditation

        Dear Venerable monks,As soon as I have had advised, I have tried to balance both sitting meditation and walking meditation.But I still got that SLEEPY during my meditation.I tried let my SLEEPY exist without any effort to stop it, but now after feeling sleepy about 15 minutes, I felt I was deeply in in and out breathe, and that feeling was more dominant than my notting to breathe.Please advise.Best regards,Albert Tios----- Original Message ----From: Ven. Acara <ven.acara@gmail. com>To: SanghaOnline@ yahoogroups. comSent: Sunday, November 11, 2007 6:24:23 PMSubject: Re: [SanghaOnline] Mahasi's meditationDear Friend,They have to do everything slowly so that they can catch everythingprecisely .Many people, especially monks, particularly scholar monks in Myanmar agreethis point. We don't know how that would be in Thailand. They must havereason for their choice. Yes we can do everything normally. The mostimportant thing is to see things precisely while they
        are being observed.Yours in the Dhamma,AcaraOn 08/11/2007, KOGO ... <pkscene@yahoo. com> wrote:>> Why mahasi meditation have to do everything slowly?> Many people (monks) do not agree this point, espeacially many people in> Thailand.> Could we do everything normally?>> with Metta,> Pakin>> ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __> Do You Yahoo!?> Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around> http://mail. yahoo.com>> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]>> >[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]____ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _Do You Yahoo!?Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around http://mail. yahoo.com [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

        http://imagine- msn.com/messenge r/launch80/ default.aspx? locale=en- us&source= wlmailtagline

      • Ven. Acara
        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 17, 2007
          Dear Albtios,
          Being SLEEPY during my meditation?
          Reduce your period of meditation time.
          It may be a short period of five to fifteen minutes; but it should be lead
          with real willingness.
          After practicing a short period of meditation for some days or several
          months, and again increase it bit by bit.
          Good luck in your meditation practice,
          Acara

          REF:

          On 17/11/2007, Sayadaw Nanda Siddhi <nanda_siddhi@...> wrote:

          > Hi ,
          > The best advice ,
          > You should go intensive retreat under the experienced meditation teacher
          > continuously about 2 months and take experience knowledge in yourself
          > instead of thinking too much. Experience knowledge couldn't get by thinking,
          > without strong mindfulness and concentration. Please don't waste the time
          > going alone yourself. The more you go the more you may confuse onward. With
          > teacher you can clear your way and doubt, also easy to explain to you face
          > to face.May you able to get clear comprehension in the Dhamma.
          > With metta.
          > nandasiddhi.
          >
          > To: SanghaOnline@yahoogroups.comFrom <SanghaOnline%40yahoogroups.comFrom>:
          > albtios@... <albtios%40yahoo.comDate>: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 09:24:31
          > -0800Subject: Re: [SanghaOnline] Mahasi's meditation
          >
          > Dear Venerable monks,As soon as I have had advised, I have tried to
          > balance both sitting meditation and walking meditation.But I still got
          > that SLEEPY during my meditation.I tried let my SLEEPY exist without any
          > effort to stop it, but now after feeling sleepy about 15 minutes, I felt I
          > was deeply in in and out breathe, and that feeling was more dominant than my
          > notting to breathe.Please advise.Best regards,Albert Tios----- Original
          > Message ----From: Ven. Acara <ven.acara@... <ven.acara%40gmail.com>>To:
          > SanghaOnline@yahoogroups.comSent <SanghaOnline%40yahoogroups.comSent>:
          > Sunday, November 11, 2007 6:24:23 PMSubject: Re: [SanghaOnline] Mahasi's
          > meditationDear Friend,They have to do everything slowly so that they can
          > catch everythingprecisely.Many people, especially monks, particularly
          > scholar monks in Myanmar agreethis point. We don't know how that would be in
          > Thailand. They must havereason for their choice. Yes we can do everything
          > normally. The mostimportant thing is to see things precisely while they are
          > being observed.Yours in the Dhamma,AcaraOn 08/11/2007, KOGO ... <
          > pkscene@yahoo. com> wrote:>> Why mahasi meditation have to do everything
          > slowly?> Many people (monks) do not agree this point, espeacially many
          > people in> Thailand.> Could we do everything normally?>> with Metta,>
          > Pakin>> ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __> Do You
          > Yahoo!?> Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around>
          > http://mail. yahoo.com>> [Non-text portions of this message have been
          > removed]>> >[Non-text portions of this message have been
          > removed]__________________________________________________Do You
          > Yahoo!?Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
          > http://mail.yahoo.com [Non-text portions of this message have been
          > removed]

        • Irene & Gregory
          Message 4 of 13 , Nov 19, 2007
            Dear Mr. Albert Tios,

            You may call at Vihara Sunter at 686739, 6450206. Ven. Bhante Khantigaro.

            Regards,

            Irene

            _____

            Message 5 of 13 , Nov 20, 2007
              A Short Period of the practice before your everyday bad time is recommended.
              Your willingness and habitual practice will increase your time of the
              regular practice.
              You may neglect your time of sleep even if you really love the
              practice.
              Yours in the Dhamma,
              Acara

              On 17/11/2007, Albert Tios <albtios@...> wrote:

              > Dear Venerable monks,
              >
              > Thanks for advices, but as I am layman and working with company that I am
              > not as free as owner, it is not easy to get vocation in my position, I
              > really hope to have advices via internet.
              >
              > By the way, who or where do you suggest me to go in Indonesia ?
              >
              > Best regards,
              > Albert Tios

            • pantu ladakhi
              Message 6 of 13 , Nov 24, 2007
                Respected master,
                i am teaching some basic Buddhism and meditation, its going well so far, but i have some followers. who are suffering from depression, they don't know how to create self confidence. they are practicing meditation, but they are saying its not working on them. Because they already become hopeless.
                So venerable sir, please give your experience instruction for them to over come such metal affliction.
                Hope to see your response.
                with mett
                ven.viriya

              • Ven. Acara
                Message 7 of 13 , Nov 26, 2007
                  Dear Ven. Viriya,
                  First of all, good luck in your teaching!
                  Your followers? Lack of self-confidence? And hopeless?
                  What's problem with these in their meditation?
                  While practicing confidence is essentially needed. Self-confidence will
                  hopefully be developed by actual practice, and by right knowledge gained by
                  reading or listening. While practicing confidence is essentially needed. As
                  for me, while practicing, I do not hope anything. Before and after the
                  practice I hope for or believe in the Dhamma, the practice. I believe what
                  I'm doing is correct, it will encourage my concentration, it will bring me
                  happiness, and finally enlightenment will be gained. Hope is nothing here,
                  but personal experience will say the truth when we're on the right way.
                  Friendly,
                  Acara