Re: BUDDHIST SOLIDARITY WITH DEMONSTRATING MONKS IN MYANMAR

  • Ajahn Jose
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2007
      Dear Friends, I am an old monk not very well and I am shocked what I see, I did apply for a Visa to go to Burma and to my big surprise it was granted. I Am the Abbott of Wat Buddharam Australia but have an USA passport. I am leaving on the 9th of october to visit monasteries for 14 days. Please let me know if there is a special place I should go and look. Metta. ajahn Jose

      egil.lothe@... wrote:

      Dear concerned individuals,

      Although the generals of Burma are trying to block any news from coming out of the country, what does come out suggests that something terribly wrong is taking place. The picture published today (shown in the attachment) taken on Sunday 30 September, shows the dead body of a Burmese monk flouting in the Pazondaung river in Rangoon near the place were the killings of monks and demonstrators took place last week.

      If there ever was a time for speaking out against atrocities taking place it is now. As Buddhist, who do we think should speak out about massacres on Buddhist monks but we?

      Please find out about the truth of what is happening in Burma and speak out!

      Those who are responsible for atrocities against Buddhist monks and innocent demonstrators need to be exposed now!

      Yours in the Dhamma

      Egil Lothe
      Buddhist Federation of Norway