RE: [SanghaOnline] Life of Gotama Buddha (Animation)

  • chrisaav
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 11, 2007
      Gracias !!! (Thanks!!!)

      Metta

      Chrstian

      Bhikkhu Pesala <pesala@...> escribió:
      Those with young children might find this animated life of the Buddha
      useful. I have linked eight short videos from YouTube with a synopsis of
      the story and links to the Dictionary of Pali Proper Names.

      http://my.opera.com/vipassana/blog/2007/09/10/gotama-buddha

      It is in English with Sinhala subtitles. It does a decent job of teaching
      the basic life story of the Buddha with some key teachings.

    • eileen chua
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 6, 2007
        Dear Venerable,

        I understand that Myanmar now is having some protests over the gov issue. My question is can Monks involve in the protest? Why is it so? is that against the monks rules and is that the Buddha teaching?

        Eileen

        Sincerely,

        Eileen Chua
        Mobile : +65 9430 5349

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 9, 2007
          You can find a detailed reply to this question by Bhikkhu Gavesako on the
          WebSangha forum.

          http://www.forum.websangha.org/viewtopic.php?t=783

          Another topic discussing it can be found on the Sangha Forum:

          http://forum.sirimangalo.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21