Re: Paritta help

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 2, 2007
      I think the answer is that it is not easy to know for sure in the absence
      of a Buddha to confirm it because excessive conceit is always a
      possibility. However, see the Mirror of the Dhamma in the Mahaparinibbana
      Sutta:

      http://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka/dn/dn.16.1-6.vaji.html#para-2-8

      See also the Progress of Insight:

      http://www.aimwell.org/Books/Mahasi/Progress/progress.html