Paritta help

  • mandel1luke
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 27, 2007
      Dear Vens,

      As a practising Buddhist, I would like to know how one could know for
      sure that one has attained stream-entry? Are there special
      experiences that will show that for certain?
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 2, 2007
        I think the answer is that it is not easy to know for sure in the absence
        of a Buddha to confirm it because excessive conceit is always a
        possibility. However, see the Mirror of the Dhamma in the Mahaparinibbana
        Sutta:

        http://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka/dn/dn.16.1-6.vaji.html#para-2-8

        See also the Progress of Insight:

        http://www.aimwell.org/Books/Mahasi/Progress/progress.html