Perfect Purity First

  • Ven. Acara
    Message 1 of 1 , May 29 4:22 AM
      Dear friend,
      The animal-raising equipments are also evil things to my
      opinion. I understand yours was a type of business or may be your
      hobby. Hobby or business should not be any form of harm to any living
      thing, I believe. And buddhism opposes five ways of merchandising_
      that of poison, human being (for slavery), animal (for meat or pet),
      weapon and intoxicating drug. You better think of it again. This may
      be a good reference for your good decision.
      I want to add here is that a huge stain will be nothing ugly on a
      dirty cloth; but a tiny spot will make a pure cloth ugly.
      May you be so pure that . . . . .
      Yours in the Dhamma,
      Acara

      On 28/05/07, Alan McAllister <drampsych@...> wrote:
      Venerable Acara:
      Thank you for your advice. The situation with the guns and fishing
      gear is very clear. However, I have one further question: Regarding
      the animal-raising equipment (not the killing equipment), is it the
      same situation? Theoretically, they are not for killing but for
      raising animals (I raised chickens, ducks, and rabbits). Admittedly,
      it would be unusual for someone to use them who has no intention to
      eventually kill the animals that are raised with them.
      Alan