Rituals and Superstitions in Theravada Buddhism
- I am very new to the theravda tradition and Buddhism in general.
While I find believing in Sila, Panna and Samadhi come naturaly to me
and I am trying to get initiated in all the three, I am finding in
very difficult to believe in some of the anecdotes / practices such
- references to deva's (reminds of Hindu Deva's and associated
rituals and superstitions around them), gandharva's etc.
- remembering previous lives
- psychic powers
- predicting future (astrology)
- reference to other celestial realms
- paritta chanting and other rituals
- asking favours from Buddha
Should I believe in them for me to practice the path of Dhamma? I
would be greatly obliged if Venerable teachers on this forum help me
with my doubts.