indifferent feelings

  • Alan McAllister
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 23 9:43 AM
      Venerable Sir:

      I hope to get some clarification on the issue of the link between
      feelings and greed, hatred, and delusion.

      I see the connection between pleasant feelings and greed and
      between unpleasant feekubgs and aversion and hatred, but I
      don't understand the connection between indifferent feelings and
      ignorance/delusion. Perhaps you could clarify this point. Also,
      greed and hatred take many forms as emotions, but what are the
      emotional forms that ignorance/delusion take?

      Thank you for your attention.

      Alan McAllister
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 23 6:19 PM
        Dear Alan,
        Feeling , greed , hatred, delusion , all these are mental formations.
        Some of them are arising together and associate with mind. Normally feeling
        associates with all mind , consciousness. There are three kinds of feelings
        namely in pali sukha vedana means plesent feeling, dukkha vedana means
        unplesent feeling, and upekkha vedana means neutral feeling .You are right,
        commonly plesent feelings connects to greed, unplesent feeling connects with
        hatred and neutral feeling connects with delusion.
        Delusion usually takes the restless confused and blur emotional form.
        You can learn all these information in ABHIDHAMMA CAUSE.
        Thank, metta.
        nandasiddhi.