NEW BUDDHIST MONASTERY IN ARGENTINA

  • Ajahn Jose
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 25, 2007
      Mr Dear Friends in the Dhamma: Last November I went to Argentina and I was welcome with open arms by he small Buddhist community. At the moment there is NO theravatan, Forest Monastery in Argentina ( only 1 Laotian Monk in Missiones).
      So I come back to Australia, where I am the Abbott of Wat Buddharam Australia and informed my community that I am moving to Argentina.
      I have already purchased a large apartment in Cordoba, the center of Argentina and a tobacco farm of 100 hectareas in the North of Argentina, in Salta. In May I am travelling to Argentina, Salta to start the construction of the Monastery in Salta and on December 18th 2007, myself and my two dogs are moving to live permanently at the Monastery and serve from there the Buddhist community in Argentina
      Also I have been invited to Bangkok for an International Vesak celebration from 26 to 29 of May. I return to Australia on the 22nd of May and on the 24 I will be flying to Thailand.

      When the Monastery is ready to be open officially, I will be inviting my Monks friends, all expenses paid to help me with the opening ceremony. Metta. Ajahn Jose