Re: [SanghaOnline] Please advise me ( a Nibbana.com visitor)

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 20, 2007
      *Pl. see my comments below.*

      On 1/21/07, mmlwin <mmlwin@...> wrote:

      > Dear Bhikkhus,
      >
      > I am a 21 year old Buddhist, of the Theravada tradition, in
      > Manchester, and I am currently in the final year of my degree in
      > languages. I have been Buddhist now for approx 5 years or so and I
      > generally practice and read texts almost every day. I am considering
      > furthering my studies by doing an MA in Buddhist Studies, however I
      > am currently at a stage where I find myself abit disorientated as to
      > how I should continue with my life after my BA i.e just get a job
      > and start earning (whilst studying Buddhism in my own time) or
      > commit to it academically and do the MA. Ofcourse, my other major
      > possibility is following up, what I feel is an inward compulsion (if
      > that is worded correctly?), to some sort of fruition and studying
      > Buddhism in the more traditional way, such as entering the Sangha.

      *You are not choosing between good and evil but between good and good. There
      will not be a big mistake here. I think if I list it, yr email gives me
      this: 1) hunting for job immediately ? 2: continue an MA in Buddhism? or 3:
      enter into the life of the Sangha?*
      **
      *I suggest that you take the last option as a trial for a short period of
      time, say a month, and check it out how it feels like. Things might get
      clearer during that time. Our head needs the support of our heart to make a
      big decision. My suggestion is for you to get to know your own heart a bit
      more.*
      **
      *Metta,*
      *Ven. Dhammasami*

      > It is very difficult for me to decide, as I am sure it would be for
      > anyone, as I don't know if I should live my life as a young person,
      > and enjoy that first, before persuing such goals or whether starting
      > young is the best way for me. If there is anyone out there with some
      > informed opinion on this, particularly from anyone who has been or
      > is in the Sangha already, that would be most gratefully appreciated.
      > Thanks for your time.
      >
      > With metta,
      >
      > Paul

    • sam he
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 21, 2007
        Dear Venerable Sir,

        I live in Melbourne and currently am looking for a Good Burmese Buddhist monastery/Buddhist monks in Melbourne for learning Vipassana. If you know about it would please be kind enough to forward me the address and the detail.

        Thank you in advance

        Sincerely

        Sam
      • Ven tosana
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 23, 2007
          Dear Sam

          I find out a Good Burmese Buddhust meditation centre and a Buddhist monk in Melbourne for learning Vipassana. Sayadaw U Pannathami, abbot of that centre, is a good meditation teacher from Myanmar. I am going to send you the centre address. Please try to find out about it.

          Sayadaw U Pannathami
          Panditarama Melbourne Meditation Centre
          51 Hope Street
          Springvale VIC 3171