Re: [SanghaOnline] 28 Buddhas

  • Ven. Acara
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2007
      I have not yet found Names of 28 Buddhas in ORIGINAL PALI TEXTS; but the
      Names are found in COMMENTARY (I think, the commentary is
      "Dhammasangani-atthakatha"). If you need the exact name of the book, I'll
      check it and inform you. That would be Ok, if this is enough; I'm not
      willing to read COMMENTARIES that are useful to some extents.
      Millions of Buddhas may also be found in COMMENTARIES or SUB-COMMENTARIES;
      and those may also be traced in ORIGINAL TEXTS, I hope.
      As for me, I believe in Millions of Buddhas, past and future. But rare and
      scare. I do not mean here, the Mahayana Idea of Bodhisatta.
      Yours in the Dhamma,
      Acara