558Hi, Im new here and a question...

  • grusic
    Feb 3, 2004
      Dear Venerable Monks,

      I just wanted to say hello, introduce myself, express my gratitude
      to the organizers of the list and ask a question.

      I'm Bill Gray, a 41 year old AfroAmerican man currently living in New
      Zealand and practicing Buddhist for 13 years.

      I started off in the Nichiren Shu traditon and recently migrated
      over to the Theravada. I'm glad I made the switch.

      I'd also like to express my gratitude to the panel of monks for being
      involved in the list. Thank you all very much.

      Now, on to the question. How does one accurately guage one's level of
      attainment along the path to Enlightenment?

      I am currently awaiting the arrival of a copy of Bhadantacariya Buddhaghosa's Visuddhimagga, the Path of Purification which may help to answer the question, but until then I would appreciate an answer from one of the Venerables.

      Please don't confuse the frequent use of the word "I" as a clinging to
      self. I, yes that word again, use it for expedient conversation.

      May you all be happy and well,
      Bill
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic