389Practicing generosity

  • layman33
    Jul 2, 2003
      Venerable Monks,
      I greatly appreciate value of generosity and try to practice
      it as much as I reasonably can. For example, I support
      financially my parents and the sangha where I practice.

      However, my wife doesn't share my views and gets angry when I
      act generously. For some time I have been trying to keep my
      activities secret, but this doesn't seem to solve the
      problem. When she accidently finds out about it, she gets
      very upset. On top of it, she feels bad of being cheated.
      How do I find the middle path in such situation?

      With metta, Peter
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic