32Re: [SanghaOnline] Some Questions

  • Benoit Santerre
    Feb 10 7:48 AM
      Venerable Sayadaws,
      I have a question related to the third precept:

      Is a committed adult couple (intending to marry in
      the future) committing sexual misconduct if they have
      intercourse even if both still live with their
      parents? I am thinking of the Buddha saying that
      intercourse with a woman still under the guard of
      parents is misconduct. But was this due to the culture
      which practiced arranged marriages? In the West it
      seems that we take for granted that this precept (for
      lay-persons) simply means to be loyal and committed to
      one partner.
      Thank you and homage to the Three Jewels.
      Benoit

      http://greetings.yahoo.com
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic