  • amy70113
    Sep 23, 2002
      Dear Venerable Monks,

      Recently a good friend of mine died of a drug overdose. He was given
      a formal christian burial because of wishes of his family. Though he
      really had no complete religious convictions, he believed mostly in
      buddhism. We are going to have a memorial for him in the city he
      lived in and will be scattering ashes of his remains in the river
      here. (he often sat by it). Because of the way he died, is there a
      certain chant I can say to help his soul into a better world? He was
      a very good man. Lived his life following the precepts somewhat well
      except for the drug problem.

      Thank you for your help.
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic