1326Fwd: Please Save Lumbini - the Buddha's birthplace

    Jan 8, 2013

    ---------- Forwarded message ----------
    From: Khammai Dhammasami <oxford.k.dhammasami@...>
    Date: 8 January 2013 15:56
    Subject: Please Save Lumbini - the Buddha's birthplace
    To: IABU Executive Secretary Dhammasami <executive.secretary@...>
    Cc: friends2012lumbini <friends2012lumbini@...>

    Dear All Dharma Friends (bcc here),

    I wish to appeal to you personally to visit this very important website that is making attempts, against all the odds, to raise awareness about the danger facing Buddha's birthplace: Lumbini.

    Kindly circulate this email as widely as possible and to as many as you can; asking everyone to sign the petition, the very least action we can all do.

    Put this link on your FaceBook as well.

    I take this opportunity to also attach a joint statement from a recent conference on Buddhist cultural heritage. jointly organized by ICCR and Sitagu, for your information. A few countries attended and talked about the importance of preserving, both tangible and intangible, Buddhist cultural heritage.

    With metta and in the dharma,
    Ven. Khammai Dhammasami
    --
    Venerable Dr. Khammai Dhammasami, DPhil (Oxford)
    Executive Secretary, International Association of Buddhist Universities (www.iabu.org);