1317Re: [SanghaOnline] Uppalava.n.naatheriigaathaa
- May 23, 2012Dear Dr. Han Tun,Can you remind of this question again in July when I have some free time? At the moment, I am examining some doctoral theses and preparing for conferences.
with mettaVen. Khammai DhammasamiOn 23 May 2012 03:57, han tun <hantun1@...> wrote:
To: Venerable Khammai Dhammasami,
Sir, I read the following three gaathaas in the Uppalava.n.naatheriigaathaa.
224. "Ubho maataa ca dhiitaa ca,
maya.m aasu.m [aabhu.m (sii.)] sapattiyo;
Tassaa me ahu sa.mvego,
225. "Dhiratthu kaamaa asucii,
Yattha maataa ca dhiitaa ca,
sabhariyaa maya.m ahu.m.
226. "Kaamesvaadiinava.m disvaa,
nekkhamma.m da.t.thu khemato;
Saa pabbajji.m raajagahe,
Sir, I will be very grateful to know whether the above three gaathaas represent the life of Uppalava.n.naa Therii or whether she was repeating the gaathaas uttered by another bhikhunii?
Dr Han Tun
--Venerable Dr. Khammai Dhammasami, DPhil (Oxford)
Executive Secretary, International Association of Buddhist Universities (www.iabu.org);
Executive Secretary, Association of Theravada Buddhist Universities (www.atbu.org);
Trustee & Fellow, Oxford Centre for Buddhist Studies, University of Oxford;Professor, ITBMU, Yangon;
Abbot, the Oxford Buddha Vihara, UK, Singapore & Malaysia
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>