115Re: [SanghaOnline] authority in buddhism

  • ZaoMilinda Bhikkhu
    Aug 6, 2002
      Dear Student,

      In Buddhism we don't have a role for authority within and without the
      Buddhist community but we have roles for the harmony in a society.
      It is easy to follow. Five precept is the most important for all
      community and the roles for the leaders of the community are four types:
      Piyavaca-kind words
      Atthacariya-commitment to the welfare of people and
      Samanattata- a sense of equality within the people.

      If you can follow these types, people will love you and due to your good
      practice you can eventually get higher knowledge towards enlightenment.

      with metta,

      Ven. Milinda