1088Re: Buddhism and Euthanasia

  • sjackson07513
    Jun 3, 2007
      --- In SanghaOnline@yahoogroups.com, "Bhikkhu Pesala" <pesala@...>
      wrote:

      > It is very sad to see anyone suffering without any knowledge of
      Dhamma

      http://www.aimwell.org/Books/Mahasi/Problems/problems.html#Euthanasia

      > Anathapindika, the Buddha's chief supporter, also suffered greatly
      on his
      > deathbed, but he was able to overcome the pain with the
      admonishment by
      > the Venerable Sariputta. You can read that discourse here:
      >
      > http://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka/mn/mn.143.than.html

      Would the use of a morphine drip in increasing doses in a terminal
      cancer patient constitute euthanasia if the drug, as it made
      respirations easier for the unconscious patient, effectively
      shortened the person's life?
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic