Hello! just joined.

  • spinningblades2000
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 5, 2004
      Found my DX-440 stashed in a box. Been in there since a move about 5 years back.
      Forgot how to use it. Went looking for a manual and found you guys. Thanks.
      Downloaded the tifs and made a nice pdf out of it, Its in the file section now.

      Opened up the battery compartment and found a cig pack with loose parts in it.
      Opened up the back to see if I could rember where they went. NOPE!
      So where does the mylar coated copper plate and cap attach?
      Anybody got a pic of an exposed back?
      Darn broken ferrite bar, Anbody got a spare?

      Thanx!
      Mike

      Oh! YES it still works and I'm enjoing it!
    • rickm505@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 5, 2004
        the mylar coated copper plate attaches to the metal case under the top circuit board. It was origially soldered and you should see a solder blob.

        Rick

        spinningblades2000 <spinningblades2000@...> wrote:

        Found my DX-440 stashed in a box. Been in there since a move about 5 years back.
        Forgot how to use it. Went looking for a manual and found you guys. Thanks.
        Downloaded the tifs and made a nice pdf out of it, Its in the file section now.

        Opened up the battery compartment and found a cig pack with loose parts in it.
        Opened up the back to see if I could rember where they went. NOPE!
        So where does the mylar coated copper plate and cap attach?
        Anybody got a pic of an exposed back?
        Darn broken ferrite bar, Anbody got a spare?

        Thanx!
        Mike

        Oh! YES it still works and I'm enjoing it!

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      • Lou Blasco
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 5, 2004
          You can glue the ferrite back together if it's not broken into too many pieces.

          Use a two part epoxy.

          There's a metal plate covering one corner of the sound board. When you look
          at the expose back of the radio it's on the top right hand corner of the
          board covering the speaker.

          Lou.