Another radio related hobby to add with SWLing....give Ham Radio a look

  • Don
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 20, 2004
      First thanks for letting me post here to this radio related
      group.....just a friendly invite to a radio hobby related group that
      some of you might be interested in.......Ham Radio Help Group....ALL
      are WELCOME! If you are new to Ham Radio, a current Ham wanting
      support on upgrading, or a Ham that would just like to help by
      supporting someone direct or mabye providing study material then
      please give Ham Radio Help Group a look over (we usually have someone
      giving out FREE study material every so often also....current FREE
      items in our "Polls" is an ARRL entry Tech License book "Now You're
      Talking"...an ARRL Extra study book.....a FREE 2 year subscription to
      HamTestOnLine (worth $29)....Join in and put your name in the hat!).
      So far a great group of good diverse folks from those new to Ham
      Radio asking questions to get involved to current Hams upgrading or
      giving advice! Here are a few facts about the group thus far:

      - 800 members and growing
      - 4400 message posts in just a few months....very active group so if
      you join in please set your mail code to "daily digest", "Special
      Notice Only" or "NO Mail" and read posts on line because on busy test
      weekends we have averaged 100 posts in just a few days!
      - Members giving and receiving FREE study materials so check
      our "Polls" and posts (study materials like ARRL/Gordon West Tech,
      Gen, Extra books..or code study tapes etc)
      - Many members getting their first Ham Tech tickets and just starting
      out......sharing testing times and support of members passing tests
      is encouraged (over 60 members upgraded in just a few months!)
      - Group has 5 moderators to motivate the group
      - Sunday Group ChatNight and also EchoLink Net - 8pm cst (open to all
      so even those that are not Hams can participate one on one and ask
      direct questions or meet members)
      - Many message posts on study help ideas, support, station building,
      basics, etc
      - Check out our Calendar, Links, Database and Files sections also

      The main purpose of the group is to support those wanting to get
      licensed, upgrade, or Ham willing to help with advice or pass study
      material along (no negative, no political posts...support only).
      This group is focused on promoting Ham Radio in a positive way so if
      this sounds like something you might be interested in please join in!

      HTTP://WWW.HAMRADIOHELP.COM

      http://HamRadioHelpGroup-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      de kb9umt Don