Parts and a problem

  • James
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 3, 2004
      Back again. Has anyone found a source for a bfo knob. I found one
      that works but doesn't match at all. Next, I recently repaired my
      tuning knob (broken tab and broken wires). When assembled the
      frequency doesn't always advance properly. Just sometimes it will
      stay on the same frequency when you move the dial. However, when you
      apply the slightest pressure, inward, on the dial it works fine. Is
      the solution to take it apart (again) and clean the contacts? Do
      they ever have to be bent slightly? Any easier solution? Other then
      that, this radio works great. I have a Sony SW77 and a 2010 and a
      7600G and a Kenwood R-1000 and this radio, when connected to my
      external antenna is pretty close to the best at a fraction of the
      cost. Thanks Jim (retired in GA)
    • Mike Westfall, Lost Almost NM
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 3, 2004
        James wrote:
        > Back again. Has anyone found a source for a bfo knob. I found one
        > that works but doesn't match at all.

        You just need the knob?
        I have an extra one I'll send you if you tell me where to send it...

        --
        Mike Westfall, N6KUY, WDX6O
        Los Alamos, New Mexico (DM65uv)
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 6, 2004
          How about an extra battery cover door...

          Anyone have a spare one?
        • Mike Westfall, Lost Almost NM
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 6, 2004
            bt1957 wrote:
            > How about an extra battery cover door...
            >
            > Anyone have a spare one?

            I got one of those, too.

            Tell me where to send it...