Re: How many have done the "Fine Tune" mod?

  • bt1957
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 1, 2004
      I see...appreciate the clarification....

      --- In Sangean803@yahoogroups.com, Donut <donutbandito@y...> wrote:
      > The 803A tunes in one kHz increments only. There is no
      > way to fine tune in a station that is slightly off one
      > of those increments. This mod allows that.
      >
      > It would not be important unless you are trying to
      > copy a SSB signal or some kind of RTTY.
    • rickw9992001
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 12, 2004
        i did a mod to fix the drop off problem you hear while tuning with
        the antichuff mod... Simple, instead of pulling that pin, just run a
        wire from that pin to ground and when you tune there will be no
        dropoff in sound. By the way, the drop off is because it reverts to
        narrow filter while tuning and if you have wide selected, that is the
        sound of it you here while tuning. If you have the switch set to
        narrow, you won't have the dropout. Anyway by shunting that pin to
        ground, you will fix the wide filter dropout.
        Rick