Re: Longwave + Long Wire = Bad Bad Things

  • Chris C.
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 1, 2003
      Hi Matt and all,
      My spiral loop is a 3 1/2 ft. one I built in the 1980's, out of two 1
      by 2's and some enameled copper wire. To make it, I took the
      two 1 by 2's, and cut notches in the middle, and glued them
      together.... The upright one is longer than the crosswise piece,
      that way the upright one is sort of like a 'stand' -- I never made an
      adequate 'foot' for the loop, I mount it in an old Christmas tree
      holder.

      I cut slots in the two pieces with a hacksaw, and ran the copper
      wire through the slots. The loop is tuned with two cheap old
      variable capacitors.

      I will send a picture when I get my camera fixed or borrow one... I
      recall, I still need to take a pic of my Sangean 800A.....

      73,
      Chris

      --- In Sangean803@yahoogroups.com, broadw <no_reply@y...>