Where's my BFO and Gain setting?

  • Armand J Gherlone
    Message 1 of 2 , May 12, 2003
      U guys ever have a problem wondering where the setting is for BFO or
      Gain? I did. The entire knob is black, and the indicator is just a
      raised piece of plastic. HINT: I painted the thin raised indicator a
      flourescent white. Now at all times I can see where the setting is.
      Be careful!: use the thinnest brush U can find. If U goof-up it will
      spread over to parts of the knob you do not want painted.

      Bye the way: Does anyone know the actual production #'s(# of units
      produced) for the 803A(including RS DX-440) and the years it was
      manufactured? Thanks.
    • broadw
      Message 2 of 2 , May 13, 2003
        That's not a bad idea for making those little white strips on the
        gain and BFO knobs! It can be hard to see exactly where they are
        set, so those little stripes would help.

        I too would be interested in getting some sort of list of the model
        numbers and how they correspond to production date. Has anyone ever
        seen a list like this for the 803/440?

        Matt