Re: Intermittent Shut Off

  • floodthe
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 10, 2013
      Bill,

      It is very interesting what you are saying, because I found the radio to do much better with the 2 AAs out. I have a clock display at all times and can keep the memory of the 9 preset stations without the AAs, just the D batteries. When I put the AAs in, I had more problems (and all of the batteries are brand new!). I think what occurred when I tried to put the AAs in is that, when I powered it off, there was no clock and the memories were lost. This makes it sound to me that you are right, maybe things don't stay in contact as well with all eight batteries in there, due to the spring mechanism not fully touching the pads. This would also account for the fact that moving the radio causes more problems. I can also look for broken traces.

      I will open it up over the next few days and see what I can ascertain.

      Thanks to everyone!

      Laurie Flood

      KG6ZSM