Re: BFO and BFO mods

  • g8voq
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 21, 2013
      HI. Okay thanks, now lets just examine this.

      I believe the 450 Khz bandwidths are 2.8 Khz and 6.5 Khz.

      On SSB we select the 2.8Khz bandwith.

      When receiving SSB, the injected carrier (BFO) needs to be offset from the centre of the passband. Therefore, it should not be at 450 Khz, but at either side of it, depending on the mode (USB or LSB).

      It appears then, that improvement could be made if an outboard BFO was made to put the carrier injection (BFO frequency) at the proper place with respect to the 450 Khz filter.

      What say? Rich