Re: 803A Knobs Mod

  • Jonathan
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 29, 2012
      Thanks for going back and digging that out. Bummer, I'll have to try to figure a way to make these work. If I do, I'll post it.

      Thanks,

      Jon

      --- In Sangean803@yahoogroups.com, "mzya" <bb1300@...> wrote:

      > Post #2128, 03-18-2007 (knob mod)
      > AD1OS
      >
      > --- In Sangean803@yahoogroups.com, "mzya" <bb1300@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I saw that mod, and found the original post(from a while back). Looks like his mod just press-fitted over the existing ones. I'll bet the ones that Mouser sells now are different than back then, and will not allow a press fit directly over the existing knobs. I'll get the original post # in a minute.
      > >
      > > Mike AD1OS

    • mzya
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 3, 2012
        Jon - Do the current Mouser knobs have a brass insert that could be removed? I have similar knobs on a piece here that are plastic with a straight knurled brass insert. They look like a press fit to the 803 knobs if you can get the insert out.
        Mike AD1OS

        --- In Sangean803@yahoogroups.com, "Jonathan" <joncleve@...> wrote:

        > Thanks for going back and digging that out. Bummer, I'll have to try to figure a way to make these work. If I do, I'll post it.
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Jon
      • Jonathan
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 5, 2012
          Yes they do. I will give that a try as soon as I can.

          Thanks,

          Jon

          --- In Sangean803@yahoogroups.com, "mzya" <bb1300@...> wrote:

          > Jon - Do the current Mouser knobs have a brass insert that could be removed? I have similar knobs on a piece here that are plastic with a straight knurled brass insert. They look like a press fit to the 803 knobs if you can get the insert out.
          > Mike AD1OS
          >
          > --- In Sangean803@yahoogroups.com, "Jonathan" <joncleve@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Thanks for going back and digging that out. Bummer, I'll have to try to figure a way to make these work. If I do, I'll post it.
          > >
          > > Thanks,
          > >
          > > Jon

        • Bigjed
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 29, 2012
            --- In Sangean803@yahoogroups.com, "Jonathan" <joncleve@...> wrote:

            > Has anyone else done the BFO and RF Gain knobs mod that is shown under the files section? I ordered the knobs, 450-2034-GRX from Mouser but these are the spline set screw type and I'm trying to figure out a way to make them work. Any help is appreciated.
            >
            > Jon

            Yup.Just posted a pic of my Matsui with her new knobs.They came off an old multiband radio that I had lying about.They were just a push- fit replacement.