New Member-Looking for carrying strap

  • djank
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 31, 2012
      Hi All I'm new to this group and recently found a working DX-440 at a thrift store. It was a real diamond in the rough-filthy, covered with paint and other gunk. The AA battery contacts were a bit corroded. Cleaned the contacts, case and knobs and started listening to shortwave broadcasts and some hams on SSB with no problems. Brings back memories of using my long gone DX-400! I really like this radio.

      I bought a Radio Shack 9 volt wall wart (transformer-less #273-355} that I am not happy with- it injects a lot of noise. Did find an older Radio Shack AC adapter (with transformer) on Ebay that I am waiting for.

      Does anyone know where I can get the carrying strap that originally came with the radio?

      Thanks

      Don
    • snjm433
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 6, 2012
        HI- Good find! Congratulations, its a great radio and a lot of fun, the original 1980's looking strap is hard to come by itself. Get a strap for a nice SLR camera, they work well

        --- In Sangean803@yahoogroups.com, "djank" <shortwave@...> wrote:

        > Hi All I'm new to this group and recently found a working DX-440 at a thrift store. It was a real diamond in the rough-filthy, covered with paint and other gunk. The AA battery contacts were a bit corroded. Cleaned the contacts, case and knobs and started listening to shortwave broadcasts and some hams on SSB with no problems. Brings back memories of using my long gone DX-400! I really like this radio.
        >
        > I bought a Radio Shack 9 volt wall wart (transformer-less #273-355} that I am not happy with- it injects a lot of noise. Did find an older Radio Shack AC adapter (with transformer) on Ebay that I am waiting for.
        >
        > Does anyone know where I can get the carrying strap that originally came with the radio?
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > Don

      • djank
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 7, 2012
          Thanks snjm433. I'll look into a camera strap.