ATS 803A vs YB400

  • Oldman
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2011
      I had forgotten how good the ATS803 really is. A test in which I paired the ATS803A with my YB400PE demonstrated that besides the issue of sensitivity with the telescopic antenna, the moment that an external long wire is connected the ATS803A takes on the YB400PE in SSB and audio quality and gives the YB a beating. The noise floor is also much lower in the ATS803A and that makes it more sensitive with an external antenna. Not bad for a radio that is about to reach 20.

      73s

      Guido KP4FAR
    • Steve Stuart
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2011
        My ATS-803 is 25 years old, and going strong.

        Would really like to find a new antenna for it. Broke in half many years ago :(

        --Steve, w8an