FET Q115 = 2sk435 is that right?

  • jdybka
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 4, 2010
      I think I fried my Q115 tonight :( no SW. Darn! Well 20 years with no problems is pretty good.

      2sk435 is recommended as a replacement for Q115 and Q110 - do I have that right?

      I don't have the fine motor skills to solder a transistor right now (I've become disabled).

      Heck I just accidentally pulled out the whip antenna lead just by opening the case up haha. :)

      The C Crane site says they just repair items bought from them nowadays. If anyone has any other recommendations I'll take them.

      Also, has anyone replaced the RCA antenna jack with a different type of input?

      Thanks

      Jilly
    • Barry Sherwood
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 5, 2010
        I cannot address your problem with q110 & 115 right now as I do not have the
        schematic in front of me but as far as the antenna jack I recommend leaving
        it as is and making an adapter cable for your preferred connection type.
        That way you will not have to do major surgery to your radio's case.

        --
        *Good Luck & Good DX
        Barry Sherwood

      • Allan Watson
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 5, 2010
          MPF102 would be better, 2SK335 noise figure appears to rise sharply above 100 kHz.

          Allan Watson
          NZ