Length of original telescopic antenna

  • Sanity
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 16, 2010
      Could anyone post the length of the original telescopic antenna which the radio is equipped with? I picked up an old DX-440 that needs a little restoration and it would be nice to get an antenna similar to the original.
      It would be an extra benefit if you know the Mouser part number, since I plan on ordering the different knobs for the BFO and RF gain! ;-)

      Thanks!
    • William Fisher
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 16, 2010
        I just pulled my antenna out and measured from the top of the case to the tip of the antenna is 52-1/4". Have a great and blessed day,

        Bill WV5TX

      • David Pratt
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 16, 2010
          54-inches.

          Sorry, I don't have a Mouser part number.

          David

          In a recent message, Sanity <sanity_clause13@...> wrote ...

          --
          +- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - +
          | David M Pratt, Kippax, Leeds, UK |
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 16, 2010
            I called up Sangean and ordered a replacement whip from them a year or two ago. It fit my DX-440 perfectly (just as I expected).
          • Robert G
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 16, 2010
              Hi:

              I actually wrecked my original DX-440 telescopic antenna by too much fiddling.

              I found a replacement by calling Sangean and asking for the replacement antenna for the original 803. This was in stock and shippable, and they sent if out to me.

              This was one or two years ago.

              Call Sangean.

              Robert G.

              --- In Sangean803@yahoogroups.com, "Sanity" <sanity_clause13@...> wrote:

              > Could anyone post the length of the original telescopic antenna which the radio is equipped with? I picked up an old DX-440 that needs a little restoration and it would be nice to get an antenna similar to the original.
              > It would be an extra benefit if you know the Mouser part number, since I plan on ordering the different knobs for the BFO and RF gain! ;-)
              >
              > Thanks!

            • Sanity
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 17, 2010
                --- In Sangean803@yahoogroups.com, "Robert G" <rgorsch@...> wrote:

                > I called up Sangean and ordered a replacement whip from them a year or two ago. It fit my DX-440 perfectly (just as I expected).

                Sounds good. I will check into this with them tomorrow morning! Thanks everyone for your quick response!
              • Jerry - N9LYA
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 19, 2010
                  As it should they are the same radio both manufactured by Sangean.
                  They are the same radio except the Sangean has the record out socket..

                  _____