More on ferrite loopsticks

  • Lawrence
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2010
      Well, I finally decided to break the bank. I ordered a nice-sized ferrite rod from Amidon (7.5" x 0.5", #33 material). I also yanked the transformer from a junk microwave oven - THAT will be my supply of magnet wire. My intention is to go ahead & wind a powerful 'coupler'.

      I'll let y'all know how it works, coupled to my DX-440.

      I also ordered a VLF/LF pre-amp from LF Engineering. Only the 'guts' of the pre-amp (why pay extra for the pretty outer case?). THIS won't be used in my inductive coupling - But rather I want to give a boost to my VLF/LF 4.000 MHz upconverter, when I use that. Which I use when I want to listen to WWVB, etc.

      Ps. I wish I could help with those repair issues recently posted.

      Larry Lanberg

      Richmond VA