Parts for DX-440

  • gysz
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 28, 2009
      I have a DX-440, still in good working condition, even soldered the DIN output plug on the board long time ago.
      It's been dropped twice, once fall off the the top of the TV during the 89' earth quake here in the Bay area, broke the tip of the antenna off, than few years ago fall off the top of the fridge, broke the side knob.
      So, I'm looking for an antenna and the large scanning side knob for it.
      Any advice help full?
      I'm using the radio at work, every one making comments what a wonderful sound it has!

      Thanx!
      Julius
    • Andy - KU4XR
      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 28, 2009
        Hi Julius:

        I have a Rotary Encoder ( side knob ) in a parts radio, I just removed it.
        You may or may not know that replacing the Encoder knob is not as
        simple as puling the knob off, and sticking another one on.. It is an
        entire assembly which requires taking the radio apart, lifting 2 boards,
        and gently pushing in on the " snap in tabs " to remove the Encoder.
        Installing another knob is the reverse order. If you're up for taking the
        radio apart, and trying the repair; let me know, and I can send the
        part to you. Send me a direct email to let me know.

        73 to you ::::

        Andy - KU4XR - EM75xr - Friendsville, TN.
        LOWfer Beacon " XR " @ 185.29866 KHz ( QRSS-60 )
        Coordinates: N: 35* 43' 54" - W: 84* 3' 16"
        http://www.myspace.com/beaconxr
        http://webpages.charter.net/ku4xr/

        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 12, 2009
          Hi.

          I found a replacement whip a couple of years ago by calling Sangean USA. I asked for the antenna for 3031, they had it in stock, and I had them send it to me (I paid for it, of course). You can find their number on the internet.

          Best,

          Bob

          --- In Sangean803@yahoogroups.com, "gysz" <gysz@...> wrote:

          > I have a DX-440, still in good working condition, even soldered the DIN output plug on the board long time ago.
          > It's been dropped twice, once fall off the the top of the TV during the 89' earth quake here in the Bay area, broke the tip of the antenna off, than few years ago fall off the top of the fridge, broke the side knob.
          > So, I'm looking for an antenna and the large scanning side knob for it.
          > Any advice help full?
          > I'm using the radio at work, every one making comments what a wonderful sound it has!
          >
          > Thanx!
          > Julius

        • rgorsch
          Message 4 of 15 , Dec 13, 2009