DX 440 Deaf LW and SW

  • leedude15
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 7, 2009
      I seem to have overloaded my DX 440. I have a LowFER Beacon at 188khz and..... well to close to the xmiter and POW it's deaf SW and LW. The beacon is on the air most weekends if you want to look for it. Anyway I replaced Q115 as suggested on many sites for SW deafness and no luck. Because sensitivity is reduced on MW as well as SW any suggestions on a different Transistor to suspect. Thanxs in advance for any input. I already checked out the service manual this group has available online. Awsome!

      Cheers
      Lee
    • leedude15
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 13, 2009
        Thanks to Andy KU4XR for the Q110 tip posted on another user group site. The radio works muy bueno now. LW, MW, and SW. While it was open I did the fine tune mod, shielded tune encoder cable mod, static discharge diodes mod, and I added a jack near the internal loopstick.
        The jack allows me to use an external loopstick or loop antenna by breaking the conection to the internal loopstick.

        73zzzz
        Lee