Re: Cleaning the rotary tuning knob

  • canoemaneh
    Message 1 of 9 , May 5, 2009
      when cleaning electronic sliders and potentiometers, DEOXIT D-5 CLEANER IS THE BEST--- BUT YOU REALLY HAVE TO REMEMBER TO RELUBE THE SLIDER AND POTENTIOMETER WITH A LUBE LIKE DEOXIT FADER LUBE F-5.
      THEY COME IN VARIOUS SIZES AND ARE A HIT WITH PEOPLE REWORKING VINTAGE ELECTRONICS.
      WHEN YOU REMOVE THE OXIDATION YOU ALSO REMOVE THE LUBRICATION.
      THE SLIDER OR POTENTIOMETER CAN GET DAMAGED BY NOT RE LUBRICATING AFTER CLEANING.

      CANOEMANEH

      Sangean803@yahoogroups.com, "renton481" <renton481@...> wrote:

      > --- In Sangean803@yahoogroups.com, pea.koil <no_reply@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Several months ago I successfully cleaned my DX-440's encoder using an electric contact cleaning spray called "RID-OX". It had gotten so bad the frequency would randomly jump up and down, no mat
    • Jim
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 15, 2010
        FYI Mike,  I just bought a NIB Sangean 808 on eBay, because I could not find a 606.
        Very disappointed in the 808 on SW and MW.  The 808 cannot block out the strong FM stations in the SW bands. The Sangean 606 provides a clean signal.

        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 15, 2010
          Hi Jim… How does the 606 compare to the 803… Possibly looking to get a new
          radio?? Not sure what is best in the portable range.. 73 jerry

          _____

          From: MM <nvisageme@... <mailto:nvisageme%40yahoo.com.au> >
          models.
          To: Sangean803@yahoogroups.com <mailto:Sangean803%40yahoogroups.com>
          Date: Monday, April 13, 2009, 8:22 AM

          -

          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 15, 2010
            The 606 is a compact AM/FM/SW/LW radio, about 3"x5", very small compared to the 803.
            The 803 has nice audio, and your ears will not fatigue from long listening periods, however it does not cut out the strong FM signals that bleed over to the SW bands.
            I think the best is the Sony 7600GR although its audio quality is not as good as the 803
            From: MM <nvisageme@... <mailto:nvisageme%40yahoo.com.au> >

            models.

            To: Sangean803@yahoogroups.com <mailto:Sangean803%40yahoogroups.com>